Our program offers the sponsorship of impoverished children in Indonesia, Pakistan and Africa. In the sprawling urban areas of Indonesia, most poverty-stricken children are forced to live in densely packed ghettos that are made up of ramshackle huts. The smog and soot from Jakarta’s industrial centers constantly surround their homes. To make things worse, these ghettos are located near landfills and rivers blackened by years of waste and sewage. Most of these children lack access to clean water, proper nutrition and education.
Our Sponsor A Child Program directly helps your sponsored child and the community he or she lives in. It ensures that the child will receive an education and that his or her medical and nutritional needs are met. Part of your donation will also go to a communal fund to sponsor programs such as tutoring, mosquito fumigations, and our Community Transformation Centers.
Your $1 a day will provide:
• Personal letters from your child
• A welcoming package that includes your child’s photo and story
• Regular updates on your child’s community (including but not limited to report cards and hand-drawings from your child)
• Yearly updates on your child’s performance in school and growth
• Educational, medical, and nutritional services for your child
• A personal relationship with your child